Monday, April 16, 2012

KERA May 2012

The May issue of KERA was released!  This issue has a spread featuring Mayu Watanabe, from the idol group AKB48, wearing Dolly-kei.



This is the season for fruit in the lolita world.  Angelic Pretty, Innocent World and Baby the Stars Shine Bright all released fruit-themed dresses this month.  Angelic Pretty's Strawberry Parlour gets my vote for cutest pattern, with ice cream-filled waffle cones and dessert glasses around the bottom of the skirt.  Small strawberries, cherries, and bows are scattered across the print.



Innocent World has a spread showcasing its new Strawberry Gingham JSK and skirts.  Overall, I like the look of this dress the best.  The gingham pattern really ties the dress together.  The pink gingham and the red strawberries compliment each other and make me feel that pink and red definitely go together.  The balance of the entire piece is good and I like that the strawberries are big and identifiable from a distance.




BTSSB's Cherish My Juicy Cherry promo was republished from the previous issue.  Part of me really likes this dress and part of me doesn't.  The cherries around the bottom are too large and draw attention away from the rest of the dress.  This is aesthetically disturbing because, in my opinion, the pink and red clash.  Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that these two colors shouldn't be used together.  Admittedly, IW's Gingham Strawberry pattern "does it right".




The new Poison de Lamour dress from Alice and the Pirates is beautiful.  This dress has a Romeo and Juliet theme and the style of the dress matches the print perfectly!  Overall a romantic ensemble!



Visit here for more scans from this issue of Kera! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment