Sunday, April 15, 2012

Handmade Hair Accessories

I recently bought a couple of pink Angelic Pretty dresses, so I need to accessorize! Unfortunately, light pink bows have been somewhat hard to find recently, so I went to the craft store in search of supplies to make my own hair accessories and brought home a nice haul of tulle, pearl beads, buttons, bows, and more! I only made a few hair pieces so far, but I'm really looking forward to using the colored pearls.

I was pleased to find little bags of cupcake buttons!  There's only one pink cupcake x white frosting per bag, so I had to buy two. ^^; There were larger, more detailed cupcake buttons, but someone had already bought out the pink.  I'll be waiting for the next shipment...

I finally put together a tulle bow with sparkly fuzzy balls.  I always see these online and at conventions, but never committed to sitting down and making one.  I plan to make these in several color and size variations, and with pearls instead of the fuzz balls.



Here's the bow on my head for size comparison.  It's a little washed out though...

No comments:

Post a Comment