Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Singebarrel Meet-up

On Friday the 13th I met up at the Singlebarrel in San Jose with a group of local lolitas.  I got held up at work and didn't make it to the bar until almost 8pm so I ended up waiting in line for about 15 to 20 minutes, which is relatively good for this spot.  Members of our group who didn't show up until 9 had to wait in line for over an hour to get in.


 The Singlebarrel is a prohibition themed bar (Speakeasy style).  The entire building is lit with candles, except for the bar top which requires a little light for the bartenders to do their job, and a guy walks around and reminds everyone to keep their voices down.  The best part is that the bartenders select your drink for you.  They'll ask you a few questions first to find out what kind of drink you'd like and then  pick one for you! ^^ My first drink was a Corpse Reviver II (a tart citrus drink) and I went back for a Coffee Foot (creamy coffee flavored drink made with raw egg!).  Since it was so dark, we didn't get any pictures until after we left.


This is the five of us outside of the Singlebarrel.  I'm wearing the Magic Whip JSK in light pink from Angelic Pretty. ^^  Afterwards we walked several blocks to La Victoria for some late dinner.  For those not living in the area, La Vic is one of the most popular places in San Jose - it is across the street from the university and has the most amazing orange sauce! It was my first time eating burritos while wearing lolita; a little tricky but successful. Admittedly, most of my pictures were taken at La Vic. I'll get better shots next time, I promise!

 





The meet-up was a blast! I stayed out waaay past my bedtime. ^^ I highly recommend the Singlebarrel to anyone who hasn't been there before.  I'd suggest getting there around 7pm if you want to avoid a long wait to get into the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment