Monday, May 7, 2012

Lolitas in the Rose Garden

I attended a lolita picnic on Sunday at the Municipal Rose Garden in San Jose.  My sister and I were about an hour late (my shift ended as the picnic was starting) but everyone was still nibbling.  Everyone was asked to bring food to share and there were some delicious treats including petits fours and my favorite cookies, snicker doodles.  \(^o^)/ I didn't post all of my photos, so follow this link for more! ^^



In this photo I'm wearing my new Pony in Sweet Dreams JSK from BTSSB (see my previous posts).



I had to cut Bouncy Brown from the close-up because her eyes were closed. (T_T)  She wore Milky-chan the Fawn from AP.



< photo deleted at Bouncy Brown's request XD >




Bouncy Brown and Katie have matching heart-shaped sunglasses! ♥ It was super bright and we had a hard time keeping our eyes open for the photos.  Katie (right) is wearing a red coordinate from BL.


Katie blends well with roses. ^^



Ashlyn is wearing My Favorite Things from BTSSB.  The red is beautiful!  She coordinated it with her new socks (pink bows at ankle).




My sister Erica (left) is wearing a JSK from BL.  She's holding a cute pink x white parasol I found at a local English tea house.

2 comments:

  1. Why wasn't anyone else squinting? It was so f*cking bright!! BABY THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT! I've always had sensitive eyes but I forget that I'm the only one.

    It was a fun meet, I was glad to see you. You looked so pretty! Your makeup and hair were flawless!

    I'm glad you are blogging too! Blogging's really popular in the gyaru community but less so with lolitas.

    OMG, that photo of me is so UGLY! As usual! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, I'll take it down (I was secretly hoping you'd never find it ^^). I think everyone is squinting, you just notice it more with pictures of yourself. I really think the smiley photo is super cute!

    About my make-up, that's a real compliment coming from you. I felt inspired by you after my first meet-up, so I tried to learn more about how to make eyes look cute. I'm still working on it, and even interested in gyaru now too! I really need one of those make-up luggage cases you have. ^^

    I never thought I'd write a blog, but I've never really had a reason to take so many photos. I'm always looking for photos of other lolitas wearing specific prints and cuts so that I can decide if I really like an item or not. I also really like to read reviews before buying something online. Sometimes it's frustrating not to find it, so I hope I can contribute part of my wardrobe back to the community.

    Thanks for reading! <3

    ReplyDelete