Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Hollow Meet-Up

For International Lolita Day, I met up with a group of local lolitas at Happy Hollow Park & Zoo in San Jose.  Like usual I came late because I was working in the morning, so I missed the picnic but arrived after the walk in the Japanese Gardens had started.


I was eager to wear a BTSSB bonnet that I found at FanimeCon last weekend.  It's a little off-white and doesn't match perfectly with anything I own, so I used the extra bow for my Miracle Candy skirt and attached it to the bonnet to balance the coordinate.  This is my first bonnet, I love it!





Several of the girls were interested in how to make a good bodice for a dress, so Allegra gave a little tutorial at a picnic table.  I didn't pay too much attention since I lack the patience for this amazing skill.



After entering Happy Hollow, we took a ride on the carousel (no photos ^^;) and then walked around the zoo. In these photos everyone is looking at the monkeys.  They were just as curious about us as we were about them!



Next we took a ride on Danny the Dragon.  This is part of our group waiting in line.




Our group took up more than the front half of the dragon.



Finally, we went to the petting zoo.  Wendy was particularly excited about petting the animals! ^^

Afterwards, the majority of the group headed to Japantown for dinner.  An even smaller group stayed for desert at Banana Crepe and drinks at Bamboo7.




For more photos, clicky clicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment