Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nail Bling

I went to a co-worker's wedding this past weekend, so I decided to decorate my nails (mostly because I just wanted a reason to).  I was initially intending to glue on nail tips and then decorate with nail polish and acrylic decor, but after I finished painting my toe nails I realized that my nail tips were melted together! I'm guessing that the nail polish remover leaked in the basket and destroyed the tips.  I would have gone to buy more, but my toe nails were wet and it seemed like a pain.  So I improvised! I had a set of press-on nails that I bought at the drug store forever ago.  I glued them on with Krazy Glue and then added a little personalized bling.  Not bad?


I used Nail Artist 3D Charms from Kiss that I found at a local drug store.  They can be purchased here.  I bought out the entire selection since charms this cute don't usually appear in stores.  My favorite is the white acrylic bow, but there's a donut and heart-shaped cake that are adorable!  The charms come with crappy glue in a tube that can't be squeezed, so I usually use Krazy Glue instead.


The wedding was in Chinatown, San Francisco so I spend some time window shopping before the reception.  I haven't been in Chinatown for several years and I was surprised by the large amounts of Japanese goods being sold (Hello Kitty mostly).  I found a super cute teddy bear ring! ^^ 


I'm going to do a review of the Toy Parade re-release, but I feel too lazy to take photos right now.  I'll take some this weekend during Fanime and post next week.  Stay tuned! 



2 comments:

  1. They came out so perfect! I was contemplating doing my nails this weekend and you have inspired me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see my latest, I'll post them soon. ^^ It's fun to wear the long ones, but the medium length stays on longer.

    ReplyDelete